There is an immediate requirement for a project assistant position in the area of Software development. The project involves developing programs for ergonomic assessment of manual assembly processes using IMUs. It comes under the upcoming Smart factory research platform in Centre for Product Design and Manufacturing at IISc. For more information on this program check out: https://cpdm.iisc.ac.in/smartmanufacturing/
Qualifications: Bachelor’s in Computer Science/Electronics Engineering and related branches.
- Programming in Unity game engine, C# and Python.
- Development of Dashboard/User Interface.
- Integrating databases into an application.
- Good knowledge of vector algebra, matrices and mathematics for handling 3D orientations (e.g. Quaternions).
- Knowledge of communication protocols, socket programming, MATLAB and machine learning techniques would be an advantage.
- Good communication skills.
Experience: Industrial experience, research experience or competitive projects experience would be preferable.
Salary: As per IISc norms (24k+ for Project Assistant, 30k+ for Project Associate)
Job description: Developing technology to capture data from multiple body worn sensors and create a visualization tool for the same. Developing applications using SDKs of existing tools and integration in Unity Applications. Conducting experiments to validates measurements and demonstrate usability of the application.
How to apply:
Interested and qualified candidates can send the soft copy of CV to Manish Arora (firstname.lastname@example.org) with Subject [PA Ergonomics – Smart factory] on or before 31th Jan 2020. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed for final selection.